Beads are not just for girls to make bracelets or necklaces. They are great for fine motor skills, counting, color sorting etc.. Today I will share with you what my boys like to do with their beads, which all have great learning skills involved.
1) Sorting the colors of beads into a muffin tin
2) Have them count each color and find out which one has the most once they are done sorting all the colors
3) Their favorite, take any toys or stuff animals and trace them with the beads when you pick the object up when you are all done and you have an outline of which ever toy you used. They think it is pretty cool.
4) Add with them. 5+10= and so on
5) Graph them on paper. Have them roll a dice and whatever number is on the dice they get to put that number of beads on the graph paper.