I am all about simple. I am SOOO excited I tried this. I can not tell you how EASY freezer jam really is! Why have I not been making this for YEARS??? I have always heard people talking about making jam and slaving in the kitchen all day long. My thoughts were, not for me. So I never thought I would make jam until…I found out they make instant pectin!! I am telling you this is the most DELICIOUS jam you will ever taste and it literally takes no time at all to whip some up. Today I made 28 batches of some raspberry and strawberry jam. Here is what I did:
- Buy some packs of instant pectin (you need one per batch)
- Get the fruit you want (I think raspberry and strawberry work the best) you need 2/3 cups of mashed or mixed fruit for each batch
- Sugar (it says to use 2/3 cups but I used 1/2 cup or you could even use 1/3 cup)
- Potato hand masher or blender ( I used a whisk for the raspberries and my Ninja Pro blender for strawberries)
- Shallow square stack able freezer safe containers you can use canning jars too.
Here comes the hard stuff…wink wink 😉